Stone Elementary provides for students in grades PreK-5. The principal is Mrs. Sherry Couture. There are 21 professional teaching staff members and additional support personnel, including aides, custodians, and a secretary.
One of the most important factors in a child’s success in school is the involvement of parents or guardians in the education process. Stone Elementary has a high degree of parental involvement. 96% of our parents attended our fall parent-teacher conferences, and 98% attended our spring conferences.
The mission of Stone Elementary School is to create a safe, positive, and well-disciplined environment which is conducive to teaching and learning in which parents, community and staff work as a team to meet the physical, emotional, social and educational needs of the students.
We will accomplish this mission by:
· Creating positive human relations among staff, students, parents and the community.
· Recognizing various learning styles present in the classroom and providing instructional strategies which meet these needs.
· Providing strategies and programs for students to become productive citizens of a democratic society.
· Encouraging students to achieve academic and creative potential by utilizing critical thinking skills.
· Promoting self-discipline, independence and respect for school, self, and others.
· Raising student expectations and recognizing their accomplishments.